Monday, March 28, 2011

Blog Assessment

2. My readership has definitely improved since Q2, mainly due to the increased amount of posts. I have made several more posts than I did all of first semester already. Another thing that changed was my addition of media (video/photo) and addition of controversial and deep subject matter. These all mixed together to form what I believe is a solid blog and I hope to get more viewers in the near future.

3. My most popular post was the post about individuality. I believe this is because I put a lot of thought into it and it clearly showed in the exhaustive blog post. I also think the fact that I hyped it up in school and convinced people to read it helped a lot because without anyone knowing about it in the first place, no one would know to check out my blog to read it.

4. My referring sites were not any legitimate websites except google, and I did not have any search keywords because I do not have enough viewers yet. I believe that the addition of tags and keywords to my latest posts helped a lot with the view count.

5. I think as of right now, the best step for me is to just work to get more viewers and continue posting on a regular basis to give followers something interesting to read. I need to make sure I do not slack with the blog posts. I would assign myself somewhere in the B range for this quarter.

6. I have learned that the audience plays a crucial role in writing a blog, especially because you feel more compelled to write if you know someone is reading it and might comment with his or her individual opinions. I have learned that I can write exhaustively and convincingly about any topic I feel passionate about, but I find that I have trouble writing about things that donʼt interest me.

No comments:

Post a Comment